18Sam Heimer‘s in love with Halloween. Most of his artwork is inspired by the holiday, so The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow is the perfect project for him. His creepy, creaking illustrations expertly capture the gloomy but riotous spirit of autumn in all its glory. Wrinkled witches, grinning skulls and withered pumpkins! What more could you ask for! Irving’s tale is the quintessential Halloween tale, and Sam’s art is the quintessential work to go with it!
He’s produced 10 ghoulish illustrations from Irving’s tale including a two page centerspread of the Hessian himself!
The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow
First edition limited to 50. Release date: 10/16/2015
Illustrated by Sam Heimer
based on the story by Washington Irving
- 20 pages.
- Features 10 illustrations.
- Including 2 page centerspread.
- 8.5″x 5.5″ format.
- Hand screen printed cover.
- Hand numbered and signed.
- Comes with an 8.5″x 11″ print of The Illustrated Man inspired by Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This way Comes by Michelle Dugan.
- Comes with an 8.5″x 11″ print of Mr. Toad inspired by Ramsey Campbell’s story Apples.